AIB recently launched their Everyday Rewards program which allows you to earn cash back when using your AIB debit or credit card at select retailers. To avail of these offers you must sign up online to Everyday Rewards using your email and credit/debit card number. Once your card is registered you will be shown a list of offers available to you. Using the registered AIB card at the retailer will trigger the cash back and a few days after the transaction the cashback will be credited to your AIB account. Permanent TSB have had a similar program – GoRewards for a good while now.
While I use N26 as my main bank account I do have a AIB current account which I rarely use. I decided to sign up and test out how it all worked and have mixed feedback.
Firstly, signing up was easy and only took a few minutes. I decided to test it by using my AIB debit card in both Topaz and Lidl however so far only Topaz offer was tracked online and the cashback has been added to my current account. There is no sign of my Lidl transaction at all.
The process should be – make purchase – wait 2 or 3 days – transaction shows online – wait 2 or 3 days – cashback credited to your credit card/current account.
I’ve opened a support ticket regarding the Lidl transaction to see if they can manually apply the cashback but imagine it could be a slow process.
Current offers available to me:
- Lidl – €10 back on purchase of €35 or more
- Topaz – €5 back on a purchase of €40 or more
- Boots – €5 back on a purchase of €30 or more
- H&M – €10 back on a purchase of €40 or more
- Eason – €5 back on a purchase of €20 or more
- Butlers Chocolate Cafe – €2 back on a purchase of €8 or more
- Parking Tag – €5 back on a purchase of €20 or more
- Apache Pizza – €10 back on a purchase of €35 or more
- Hilton – 10% back on purchase of €75 or more
- Smyths Toys – 8% back on next purchase
- Claire’s – 10% back on next purchase
- JD Sports – 8% back on next purchase
- Lookfantastic.com – 5% back on next purchase
- Elverys Sports – 15% back on next purchase of €50 or more
- Marks & Spencer – 10% back on next purchase
- MandMDirect – 6% back on next purchase
- Coast – 5% back on next purchase
- Lego – 10% back on next purchase
- CityJet – 10% back on next purchase
- Gap – 5% back on next purchase
- Warehouse – 8% back on next purchase
- Currys – 1% back on next purchase
- Lovell Rugby – 5% back on next purchase
- Heathrow Express – 15% back on next purchase
- Disney – 2% back on next purchase
This has the potential to be a very good offer from AIB but only if the participating retailers rotate frequently. You can only redeem each offer once. While the Topaz and Lidl were very good offers I do wonder if they were purely to raise awareness of the program at launch. The rest of the transactions are very hit and miss. H&M, Apache, Boots etc are good but Gap, Disney, Lovell Rugby all offer better cashback through TopCashBack.
It’s an interesting offer and one I would quite like N26 to implement. The current MasterCard Priceless Cities is very meh